4.00 CPE Credit Hours
This course is a 'deep dive' into many aspects involving the taxation of real estate for the mid-level practitioner moving into this complex area. You will deepen your understanding of the complex considerations and strategies that individuals must navigate in acquiring, operating, and selling real estate. You will leave the course able to navigate critical issues associated with the relevant returns and plan strategically for your company or clients. We will discuss in detail the impact that recent tax changes have had on the real estate industry, as well as new credits that are available after the Inflation Reduction Act of 2022.
Accounting and Finance Professionals who advise clients or their company on issues related to the acquisition, operating, and selling of real estate.
- Understand the most commonly used forms of ownership for real estate holdings and the scenario-based advantages and disadvantages of each
- Know and be able to apply the key considerations in determinations surrounding depreciation and recapture, like-kind exchanges, and the determination of passive activity losses
- Recognize how recent tax legislation impacts commercial real estate
- Recognize how recent tax legislation impacts homeowners
- Identify components for determining a property's tax basis
- The impact of recent tax legislation on the real estate industry
- Depreciation and recapture
- Determining the basis when acquiring real estate
- Passive activity losses
- Calculation of gain or loss on sale of real estate
- Rental operations
- Installment sales
Some experience preparing tax returns involving real estate holdings and transactions
Surgent CPE, LLC
Level of Knowledge
123 Online Lane
Online, SD 00000
* If postmarked after 6/16/2023
Receive a $30 Discount on AICPA Courses!