8.00 CPE Credit Hours
Solid management and leadership skills will help boost your career -- and the careers of those you lead and supervise -- for your entire professional life. These essential skills need coaxing and training to be brought to life, and that's what you'll gain in this course. Explore effective leadership, communication, motivation, supervision, evaluation and coaching strategies, as well as smart ways to generate more business and revenue.
This course is interactive and attendees will participate in discussions and group work. Please have a computer or tablet with a functional webcam and microphone during the course.
Current and soon-to-be leaders and managers
- Develop the management and leadership skills necessary for managing your own career and for developing, coaching and mentoring others to build strong and successful organizations
- Expectations of the manager -- definitions of success and characteristics of good leaders
- Managing yourself and priorities -- options for resolving an overwhelmed state and the Covey Activity Matrix
- Improving communication skills -- two-way communication, listening skills and dealing with conflict
- Motivating others -- motivation vs. manipulation, primary motivators and employee engagement and retention
- Supervising, evaluating and coaching others -- tips for improving delegation skills, performance evaluations and coaching opportunities
- Business development insights -- reframing the traditional definition of “selling,” promoting your organization and selling new products or services to existing customers or clients
Five or more years of professional experience recommended
Minnesota Society of CPAs
Level of Knowledge