8.00 CPE Credit Hours
As a tax practitioner, you need to understand the intricacies of the ever-popular S Corporation form of doing business and consider the tax affect various types of S Corporation distributions will have on its shareholders. Updated for the latest guidance on tax reform, this course examines planning and reporting successful complex S Corporation transactions. The uses of Qualified Subchapter S Subsidiaries are also explored to help you minimize your client's tax bill with winning strategies related to this type of entity.
Managers and partners in public accounting who assist clients with tax planning for S Corporations
- Apply the rules related to acquisitions and liquidations of S Corporations
- Recall the uses of trusts as S Corporation shareholders
- Recognize and apply the complex rules of basis and distributions
- Recall key points related to the use of redemptions in S Corporations.
- S Corporation current developments: tax planning impact
- Compensation planning
- Basis in S Corporation stock
- Use of qualified subchapter S subsidiaries
- Liquidations, reorganizations, and redemptions
- Estate planning and use of trusts
Basic knowledge of S Corporation taxation
Level of Knowledge