4.00 CPE Credit Hours
Special Note: This program is also available to attend via live simulcast. Register for the live simulcast option HERE.
This program explains and illustrates special accounting and auditing issues related to the construction industry, contractor specific disclosure rules, and current accounting and auditing developments.
CPAs in public practices and accounting and financial professionals in the construction industry who prepare GAAP based financial statements.
Participants will be able to:
- Define "long-term contract"
- Present a contractor's financial information in accordance with U.S. GAAP Topic 606-Revenue from Contracts With Customers
- Efficiently audit a contractor
- Plan financial transactions to assure maximum bonding capacity
- Advise contractors on how business decisions affect financial statements
- Comply with new accounting rules
- Bonding and sureties
- Contracts and contract changes
- Accounting for construction contractors
- Topic 606-Revenue form Contracts with Customers
- Topic 842-Leases
Level of Knowledge