4.00 CPE Credit Hours
*This course will be included as a free 4 hour CPE with your Annual Convention registration.
(It can also be attended individually via standard registration and fees)
Over 9 billion data records have been lost or stolen since 2013. With a frequency of almost 5.5 million records exposed every day, it is no longer a question of whether your firm has been compromised, but more a question of when it will happen. Are you ready? Do you have the cybersecurity knowledge and auditing skills to prevent or mitigate the next big breach? In this course, you will learn the basics of cybersecurity awareness and safeguarding sensitive data, how to address cybersecurity threats within your firm, and how to use AICPA best practices to manage and obtain assurance of cybersecurity risks. By its conclusion, you will know how to address cybersecurity threats with reasonable assurance in audit engagements.
- Certified Public Accountants (CPAs) within CPA firms or own their own firms that provide audit, tax, financial statement compilation, and/or consulting services
- Certified Public Accountants (CPAs) within large companies who consult with IT service organizations
Participants will be able to:
- Explain the cybersecurity threat landscape and its economic costs
- Identify state regulatory and legal rules related to cybersecurity
- Apply the core principles of cybersecurity awareness to limit cybersecurity risk
- Describe the AICPA's cybersecurity risk management framework and CPA responsibilities
- Provide reasonable assurance related to third-party consultants and cloud providers
- Educate the firm and clients on cybersecurity basics, risk management, and best practices
- Identity theft
- Social engineering attacks
- Safeguarding taxpayer data
- Security protections in SOC 3r reports
- AICPA's PCPS Cybersecurity Toolkit
- AICPA Professional Code of Conduct Disclosing Information to a Third-Party Service Provider (1.700.040)
Web browsing and email experience
Level of Knowledge
Club House Hotel & Suites
808 W Sioux Ave
Pierre, SD 57501
* If postmarked after 9/4/2018
Receive a $30 Discount!
Your shopping cart is empty.