4.00 CPE Credit Hours
How do the leasing requirements in the new standard differ from current GAAP? This course addresses that question by focusing on the basic core principles of the new standard. Discussion includes basic identification, recognition, measurement, presentation and disclosure requirements. Case study exercises are included to illustrate application of the new standard. This course discusses the lessee accounting model, including lease classification, amortization of the right-of-use asset, and interest on the lease liability. This course also discusses the lessor accounting model, including profit recognition and collectability.
Accountants in practice and industry
- Differentiate between requirements under the current and new leases standards
- Compare current lease recognition and measurement requirements to those of the new leases standard
- Identify presentation and disclosure requirements of the new leases standard
- Lease classification
- Amortization of the lease asset
- De-recognition of the underlying asset
- Recognition of lease receivables
Experience in application of accounting standards
Level of Knowledge
Ketel Thorstenson LLP - RC
810 Quincy Street
PO Box 3140
Rapid City, SD 57709-3140
* If postmarked after 5/21/2018
Receive a $30 Discount!
Your shopping cart is empty.