2.00 CPE Credit Hours
The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act brought major changes that impact those working in the farming and ranching industry. In this live webinar, explore how TCJA will affect several typical farm operations. Get a deeper review of Section 199A, including common grouping and rentals, when to aggregate, how the new cooperative 199A deduction works and how to maximize the deduction. Also, learn more about net operating loss, bonus depreciation and Section 179 strategies.
Tax practitioners advising farmers and ranchers on tax-related issues
- Dissect the computational results of Section 199A, the deduction for qualified business income
- Identify activities that may be included in qualified business income
- Recognize strategies to optimize bonus and Section 179 depreciation
- Section 199A -- qualified business income
- Impact of Section 199A on farm and ranch clients
- Why net operating losses (NOLs) should be avoided going forward
- Bonus depreciation and Section 179 optimization strategies
At least two years of experience with farm tax return preparation recommended.
Level of Knowledge